Top 10 Things I learned at the 2019 Dreamforce:
- Steps made on the Opioid Epidemoic: Nevada is using Salesforce to help track location and expiration dates of life-saving Naloxone (counters drug overdose) and most importantly how many lives Naloxone is saving each year.
- Take a step back and ask the people what they want! The NYPD focused on processes and focus groups prior to implementing technology and now has a greater connection to citizens
3. Putting our Patriots first: Veteran Affairs enabled homeless shelters to more quickly and easily search for veteran’s benefits; which more effectively and accurately provides veterans access to shelter and important resources
4. Virtual Reality is not just for gamers. Indiana Department of Child Services is using Virtual Reality to reduce employee turnover
5. Process is key! San Diego went from information being emailed and often not responded to, to having improved and simplified citizen experience with status updates to citizens in real-time
6. Which are you going to pick? Dr. Brene Brown shares, “You can choose courage or you can choose comfort. You cannot have both.”
7. Fleetwood Mac’s popularity spans generations. I knew all but one song played by Fleetwood Mac. Young professionals knew many, too.
8. Coffee and comfortable shoes are a must! Dreamforce is like Disney World for professionals – a lot of stimulation, people everywhere, and a ton of walking.
9. The early bird gets the worm! Register and show up early for sessions or you may not get in.
10. Bring your stretchy pants. San Francisco has amazing food – sushi just isn’t the same in Indiana!
Want to hear more about it firsthand? Comment below or reach out to us at [email protected]!