Often, many of us need to access our Outlook contacts when we are out of the office. By syncing your iPhone to Outlook, you can have access to all of your contacts and calendar events whenever needed.
With syncing enabled, you can also benefit from having the ability to share your Outlook calendar with others. You can quickly and easily email your calendar to your contacts, sharing all your important events with your colleagues and your team.
Syncing your iPhone with Outlook will help you to never miss an important meeting again and enable you to have access to all your contacts wherever you are.
You can skip the hassle and save time phoning through to the office and having a member of staff check your Outlook contact details for you by simply syncing them to your iPhone. It is convenient and a must for most sales or on-the-road business people.
Syncing Outlook with your iPhone is simple and quick to do with iTunes.
This syncing method applies to Microsoft Outlook 2003, 2007 and 2010:
- Open iTunes and connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Click on your iPhone name in the “Devices” area located in the left hand side menu column.
- In the main window click on the ‘Info’ Tab.
- Check box marked ‘Sync Contacts with.’
- Click on the drop-down box next to ‘Sync Contacts with’ and select ‘Outlook.’
- Depending on what you want synced either select ‘All Contatcts’ or ‘Selected Groups.’
- If you choose ‘Selected Groups’ in the above step, then check which boxes you want to sync next to the Outlook contact groups.
- Click Apply.
- Your Outlook is now synced with your iPhone, Sync as normal.
Note: In Outlook and iTunes some application add-ons, add-ins and settings may disrupt the syncing process, if you do experience problems you can try the following:
- Open Outlook and Click ‘Tools’ and select ‘Trust Center.’
- Click ‘Add-ins.’
- In the manage section click ‘COM Add-ins.’
- Click ‘iTunes Sync Add-in.’
- Click ok.
- Then run the steps as before.
If you want to access your Outlook contacts, calendar etc., then you may want to directly create your Outlook account on your iPhone.
- Go to Settings – Mail, Contacts, Calandars – Add Account.
- Choose Microsoft Exchange.
- Enter your email, username and password.
- Click Next.
- iPhone will now attempt to contact the Exchange server.
- Enter the address of the server in Server Field if prompted.
- Choose what you would like to sync; Emails, Contacts and Calendars.
- You should now be synced.