Have you ever had the issue where you are scrolling through your news feed on the Facebook App via your iPhone and the videos on your feed start automatically playing? For me this was frustrating, because I didn’t want the videos to play unless I clicked the “play” button. Did you know that this is a setting that can be disabled?
Here are 5 quick and easy steps to disable auto-playing of videos on the Facebook App via your iPhone:
- Click on the Settings icon on your home screen
- Scroll down and click on the Facebook link
- On the Settings for Facebook screen, click on the Settings link
- On the Facebook Settings screen, scroll down to the VIDEO section and click on the Auto-play link
- On the Auto-play screen click the Off setting to turn Auto-play off
You will now have control of when videos play on your Facebook news feed; videos will play only after you click the play button.