In order to use smiley faces and other emoticons on your iPhone, you have to enable the Emoji keyboard. This keyboard is not enabled by default, so you have to know where to go to find it. Text on it’s own is deduced at the readers discretion, which can often times be misinterpreted. Emoticons help you display emotions in your text messages.
Follow these easy steps to enable the Emoji keyboard on your iPhone:
- Click on Settings.
- Click on the General tab.
- Click on the Keyboard tab.
- Click on the Keyboards tab.
- Click the Add New Keyboard… tab.
- In the Add New Keyboard dialog box, click on the Emoji keyboard.
- You now have access to the Emoji keyboard. To use the keyboard, click on the home button, Click the Messages icon, and type someone a text. Click on the globe icon to switch to the Emoji keyboard.
- You can now text smiley face icons, food, sports, and many more!